Monday, January 26, 2009

Breakfast in the dark

It has become my fate to eat breakfast in the dark 5 days a week due to 8am classes twice a week and 7am work shifts three times a week. Granted this makes for many EARLY mornings, ergo meaning I eat breakfast in the dark. I must say it's a strange feeling to go to bed in the dark and to wake up and eat in the dark. Almost as if I am a little kid again, waking up ridiculously earlier in the middle of the night to snack so my parents won't know. Alas, this is my reality.. and to be honest... I am beginning to love it.
Side affects of this "love affair" I am having with early mornings include, dark circles under my eyes, an unignorable need to take a nap every afternoon, and a great affinity for sleeping in through church on Sunday mornings because it is my only day to sleep in. For now, my love of these quiet, still, and dark mornings will overshadow the side affects that I have thus far encountered, alas, I fear the day when I just long to ignore the blaring alarm for one last glorious grasp at the warmth, comfort, and worry-free bliss of sleep.

No comments: