Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday Nights and Monday Mornings

So I began today with the best intentions of doing homework and getting some thinking done. Apparently, I missed the boat on homework and jumped on the housework train instead.

I find this happens to me fairly regularly. It seems every time that I have a ton of papers to write or readings to do, the cleaning of my house, the uncluttering of my drawers, or the organizing of my CD's takes precedent over my academic obligations. Let's be clear that I do not have the most hectic or heavy semester currently, so I can afford to do my laundry, make supper (and an apple crisp), sweep my floor, do my dishes, and organize my nightstand all before I do my homework.

I know that many of my friends, fellow students, and acquaintances with jobs do not have this luxury, and that after this year I won't have this luxury either. Now comes the debate: do I try and quell this response to homework now while I don't have a heavy workload (kind of as a trial run before the real deal)? or do I just relish in the fact that I can do everything else on my "to-do" list before my homework? The more logical choice would probably be the former, yet for some reason, I doubt that I will take that route.

Oh, and apparently, we can add blogging to the list of things I will do before I do homework.

Anywho, random blog post, but I was just thinking about this as I was putting in a load of laundry at 12:15am on a Sunday night/Monday morning.

Peace and Goodnight!

No comments: