Saturday, September 25, 2010

"I"dentity Crisis

After a few harrowing, mind-bending conversations this week I am finding myself in a bit of an identity crisis. It seems that questioning everything about yourself and trying to figure out who you are is more than a bit of a task.

Thus, I have come to the conclusion as to why the word identity begins with "I". My best, and most educated, guess is that when searching for who you are, you are really searching for who "I" is. How can you define yourself without defining "who I am"? That's the problem, you can't. It seems that before life decisions can be made that you should really know who you are and what your "i"dentity is.

My issue, is that I still don't know who I am.... Ergo, Katie can't really make any life plans or make any decisions because she has no "I". Ok, wait, it's not that I don't have an "I".... it's more like I don't know what my "I" is... (are you getting annoyed of the excessive quotation marks yet?) I feel like identity is something everyone should have inherently built in to them, but sometimes I feel like mine got left out..

Ok, so this isn't the most brilliant post ever, but that's where my mind is currently... Though now I'm going to turn that off; no thinking about life stuff before soccer..... Maybe I'll return to this issue another day... and maybe it won't be 3 months later.. ;)

No comments: